I’ll be giving, my honest verdict on the gift of prayer.
When Christ was with his disciples, he taught them and encourage his disciples to always pray without ceasing. Jesus knew what the power of prayer can do in men’s lives.
I’ll discuss the gift of prayer and how to receive the gift of prayer in this post.
The Gift of prayer
The gift of prayer is such a beautiful gift that all Christians recognize the significance of prayer to their lives, the gift of prayer is an outstanding gift from Jesus to his followers, for as many as calls on Jesus and does his works are the followers of Christ.
The gift of prayer is a gift all Christians are expected to request, the only way a man can pray better and receive an immediate answer from God is when the gift of prayer is upon their lives.
Many people do find it tough to pray the right prayer or pray on their own, but once they receive the gift of prayer, their life will transform, and they will find it susceptible to pray themselves.
Who needs the gift of prayer
1. The old:
The old people need the gift of prayer, so they can communicate with God and be sure of receiving answers.
2. The young:
The young men and women need the gift of prayer, to enable them to receive and communicate with God on their own. Once a person receives the gift of prayer at a young age nothing can stand against them, because they’ll know the right prayer to pray to prevail.
3. The ministers in a church:
The choirs, instrumentalists, and all other important ministers in the congregation need the gift of prayer. As a minister in the house of God, the devil is unhappy and will surely try to attack, but once the person knows how to pray as a minister he will surely overcome the devil with ease.
4. The Evangelist:
The disciple of Jesus went around preaching and spreading the word of God, with signs and wonders as proof to the people. The only way the disciples of Jesus was able to do such miracles was through the gift of prayer in their life.
As an evangelist, it’s very important to possess this gift of prayer.
5. Pastors & Bishop:
a pastor or bishop of a church must acquire the gift of prayer, the pastor of a church holds more responsibility in the church and he’s open to receiving attacks from the devil.
How to Receive the gift of prayer
they’re six ways to receive the gift of prayer which are:
1. By asking:
The first way is to ask, for a person to receive the gift of prayer, he has to ask from God.
2. By following the directives of the holy spirit:
the holy spirit is the one that will empower you and give you the right prayer to pray at the right time.
3. By praying always, helps to ignite your spirit man.
4. By working in the way of God all the time.
5. By learning and following the laid down guide of our Lord Christ, on how to pray -“our lord’s prayer”.
6. By receiving the anointing and baptism of fire, to speak with authority against any unclean spirit of the devil.
Importance of the gift of prayer
1. To pray for long hours: with the gift of prayer, a person will be able to pray for long hours.
2. To pray the right prayer always:
The gift of prayer will enable a person to pray the right prayer always.
3. It enables believers to pray with boldness.
4. It makes God work wonders just like in the times of old.
Storm blocks to receiving the gift of prayer
1. Sin: sin is the number one enemy of every Christian, without sin in our lives, the devil cannot penetrate man’s life. With sin in a person’s life, he cannot receive the gift of prayer.
2. laziness: prayer is a battle, a lazy Christian can’t receive the gift of prayer.
3. Being a Doubtful heart: a doubtful person can’t receive the gift of prayer, prayer needs strong faith to be effective.
4. Not hearing from God: a Christian that needs the gift of prayer must be able to hear God and his angels, to enable them to follow the directives of the holy spirit.
Prayer is power and with the gift of prayer, you’ll become a terror to the camp of the devil.
The gift of prayer is a gift every believer needs to have. with this gift, a believer will never get tired of prayer, you will have the might and strength to pray for long hours.