Revival and Restoration : Differences, meaning and prayer
Finding the difference between revival and restoration might be difficult, the two words might seem a little bit related, but they’re very different words.
So, in this post, I’ll work you through the difference and the meaning of revival and restoration. Let’s dive in.
What are revival and restoration?
For easy understanding, I’ll define the two words differently.
Revival means to bring back to life, to awaken. While
Restoration means to recover lost possession.
restoration is most times hard to get, while revival mostly is easy and of will, but very important.
The word revival in Christianity means reconnecting to Christ while restoration means restoring lost or stolen possession.
As for Revival, it can be your belief, your faith, or spiritual communion with the Holy Spirit. Revival is reviving what is meant to be, it can also mean attaining a certain high in the spirit realms, or achieving what you haven’t but are meant to be.
Restoration means recovering what has been with a person before but was lost or stolen, it can be a possession, position, it can be a gift or a special ability.
Differences between revival and restoration
Restoration means to recover what a person had before while revival means to revive what you may have before or even more.
In Christianity revival and restoration are also different words.
A person who’s working for God but suddenly loses the urge and willingness to continue working, however after sometimes the urge was restored to continue doing what he was doing for Christ, can be classified as restoration.
- An awakening invitation
- A directive for an assignment.
- A service charge.
- A summons to action.
- A focus on a special area of life.
- An opening into a neglected or forgotten area.
- A directive for a purpose.
- A mission to exploit.
What can quench Revival and restoration
1. Sin and iniquities: a life/Gathering with sin or iniquity against the will of God, cannot receive total restoration and revival.
2. Spiritual lukewarmness: when a person is sleeping Spiritual, instead of doing the things of God to improve he/her Spiritual life.
Spiritual lukewarmness means being cold in the spirit.
3. Negative attitude towards God:
When a person is not serious with his Christian life, Thinking without him God will cease to exist.
Not showing the right attitude toward God’s will or God works, such a person cannot attain total revival and restoration.
4. Love of the things of the flesh: if a person prefers to satisfy flesh than his father in heaven (God) such person can’t receive total revival and restoration.
5. Inability to read and meditate on the word of God.
meaning Not interested in reading the Bible, and also not having time to meditate on the scripture you read.
6. Lack of prayer, if a person is not serious with his/her prayer life, such person can never receive the revival or restoration.
Prayers for revival and restoration
1. enemies of revival in my life, leave me and let me go, in the name of Jesus.
2. powers planning to waste my time on Earth, lose your power over my life, In name of Jesus.
3. oh Lord my father empower me to recover my stolen possession, by the power in the blood of Jesus.
4. o Lord, help me to be what I am meant to be on Earth, in the name of Jesus.
5. Anything that I’ve lost or was stolen from me be restored now, in the name of Jesus.
6. anything quenching my prayer life, receive the judgment of fire, in the name of Jesus.
7. Anything in my life that needs to go, for me to receive revival and restoration, leave my life now, in the name of Jesus.
8. Anything that has closed the doors of my life from the things of God, wither, in the name of Jesus.
9. oh Lord show me what you want me to do on Earth, in the name of Jesus.
10. for today henceforth, I receive total revival and restoration by the power in the blood of Jesus.
Revival and restoration are serious issues in Christianity. Without revival, great backsliding will set in. This will make souls diverted and the majority will be on their way to hellfire, However, revival and restoration cannot come overnight.
Conscious and determined efforts by the children of God are needed to ensure the maintenance of revival in the body of Christ.