THE SPIRITUAL GIFT OF AN EVANGELIST
The spiritual gift of an evangelist is very vital in moving the gospel of God all over the world.
The gift of evangelist is very important to the church of which all Christians must partake.
In this post, I’ll discuss the spiritual gift of an evangelist, who is an evangelist, and the importance of an evangelist in the church.
Philip is identified as an evangelist in the Acts of Apostles and The Bible Scholar calls him the pattern Evangelist Beyond a reasonable doubt.
Apostle Paul demonstrated all the five spiritual offices in his epistles and gave us the spiritual insight into identifying the marks of an evangelist (Romans 1:14. 17)
Who is an Evangelist?
An evangelist is an individual who is gifted in preaching the gospel and helping others accept the Lord Jesus as their personal Lord and Saviour.
He is a preacher with a harvesting ministry. He is also one who can present the gospel in a simple, clear, and understandable way.
He is an itinerant preacher (Acts 8:40) a proclaimer of the Gospel who preaches the love and the forgiveness of God, and salvation as available through the Lord Jesus Christ. Nobody goes to, Bible school to become an evangelist, it is a gift from God.
The important Marks of an Evangelist
1. He has a passion for soul-winning. He sees himself as a debtor, if he preaches not the Gospel E.g Apostle Paul personally engaged in evangelism (Romans 1:14) and (Acts 8:26-39) like Philip
2. He is always eager and ready to preach the gospel. whether convenient or not. (Romans. 1:15)
3. He is never ashamed of the gospel because he recognizes that it is the power of God unto salvation (Romans 1:16)
4. He trains other soul winners and builds their faith in God through demonstration of the power of the Holy Spirit, with signs and wonders (Acts 8:6-13).
5. He preaches the gospel while the Holy Spirit does the conviction unto salvation (Roman 8:16).
6. He organizes city-wide crusades and village outreaches, (Acts 8:5)
7. He equips believers. He, along with members of his team gifted with leadership gifts, equips church members for works of service. (Ephesians. 4:11-12).
How to receive the Spiritual gift of an evangelist
To receive the spiritual gift of an evangelist you must know the following:
1. You must be a loyal servant of God in any situation.
2. You must be ready to do whatever it takes to win souls to christ.
3. You must be aware of possible tribulations or trials, though you’ll surely prevail over your enemies.
4. You must learn to pray always
5. You must put your trust in God and believe he will surely do it.
6. You must know the word of God and memorize it.
7. You must learn to speak in tongues always.
8. You must be a helper because an evangelist will always do things for God.
9. you must always seek the face of God before taking a step.
Things to avoid for us to receive the spiritual gift of an evangelist
1. beware of sin: sin is a destroyer, it gives the devil access to one’s life.
2. Beware of worldly things: like movies, dressing, attachment, etc.
3. Beware of temptations: the devil will bring all kinds of temptations, to trick you.
The spiritual gift of an evangelist is very fundamental to the church, which is why believers need to thirst for this gift.
Evangelists win the unbelievers through preaching the word with the accompaniment of healing and miracles. Evangelists must plant their seed where sinners are, and then they will reap a harvest.
We need to pray that the good Lord will give us great evangelists. That could be you.