Spiritual growth in Christ: how to grow in the spirit
Do you want growth and spiritual growth in Christ to enable you to know and understand the things of the spirit?
Believers often get confused about spiritual things that’s why spiritual growth is very important.
I’ll work you through the spiritual growth in Christ in this post.
What is the spiritual growth in Christ
The spiritual growth in Christ is the ability of believers to grow in the things of the spirit.
Spiritual growth in Christ means growing to understand the things of the spirit and how to make use of it.
spiritual growth is the growth that connects human beings to God.
What is Spiritual Growth
It means growing in the spirit and understanding the spirit.
The world we are in Is controlled by the spirit, everything that’s happening in the normal world has a spiritual backing and meaning.
The spiritual growth for Christians is Good.
In the spirit world, we have the dark powers and the holy power, the holy power which is of God is the dominant power.
The devil has learned to control the world in the spirit, that’s why believers need the spiritual growth in Christ, To be able to understand the works of the devil and know how to battle the devil.
How to grow spiritually in Christ
1. You need to always read the Bible, the Bible will enable you to understand how to grow spiritually in Christ.
2. Live in holiness: only a holy person can see the things of the spirit, an unholy person won’t understand the things of the spirit, cause spiritual things are not of man’s wisdom.
3. Praying always: prayer connects man to the spirit, with prayer a person will spiritual growth in Christ, cause prayer is means of communication with God.
4. Ask for the understanding from above:
The understanding from above gives a man the ability to know what’s right and what’s not right. The same applies to the things of the spirit.
5. Avoid any form of iniquity and sin.
6. Be steadfast and eager to understand the spiritual growth in Christ.
Hindrance to the spiritual growth in Christ
1. Worldly behavior: a wise person will understand that the spiritual growth in Christ is important, don’t always look at the physical meaning of things look at the spiritual meaning.
2. Failure to abide by God’s will: man can understand the spiritual growth in Christ by self-will.
Abiding by the will of God will make you grow spiritually.
3. Not studying the word of God: the word of God is the beginning of wisdom, once a man begins to study the things of God he will start to grow in Christ. But if a person is not studying the Bible he can’t grow spiritually in Christ.
4. Not allowing the holy spirit:
Jesus said he will send the holy spirit to us which has been done, but when you’re not giving the holy a chance in your life you can grow in the spirit. The holy will be the one to talk and give you directives from above.
5. Allowing sin to have control :
Sin will hinder you, and put different thoughts in your heart that won’t allow the spiritual growth to overflow in your life.
Many people have allowed sin to eat deep into their hearts, and they now find it hard to focus on the things of God and the spirit.
Sin gives you a wondering mind which won’t allow the things of the spiritual life to stay clear in your heart.
- Finally, on the spiritual growth in Christ, it is important believers must understand the great advantage of spiritual growth in Christ, and why they must grow spiritually, no man can communicate with the holy spirit without growing in the spirit.