spiritual gift Spiritual gift mercy is one of the gifts of the holy spirit which Jesus promised us, all gift of the spirit are very important even the Spiritual gift of mercy.
Without the mercy of God we can’t attain salvation which is certain.
Mercy is that characteristic supremely exhibited by God. It is the innate and spiritual ability which makes one want to help any needy or hurting person. It is similar to compassion.Mercy is a gift.
God showed mercy to the nation of Israel in their exodus from Egypt, where He fed them for the duration of their journey to the Promised Land. He also showed mercy to them when they returned from the exile in Babylon. God remained faithful to His promise of forgiveness and restoration.
God is still merciful in that He frees us from the guilt and power of sin through Christ. He accepts us as His own special people. He does not treat us as our sins deserve, for mercy wins over anger and judgment.
Mercy is a spiritual gift in that God wants us to share His heart of mercy in our relationship with others. We must show compassion to the needy, the hurting and oppressed and treat them with gentleness and kindness.
What is the Gift of Mercy?
1. God has given us this gift to be merciful to others (Lk.6:36).
2. Mercy, we should know, is more important than sacrifice (Hos.6:6; Matt.9:13).
3. It is being forgiving (Matt. 18:23-35).
4. It is being kind to the hurting (Lk. 10:30-37).
5. It is being kind to the poor (Lk.16:19-26).
The Spiritual gift of Mercy of God
1. God is merciful (Deut.4:31; Neh.9:31; Lk. 6:36).
2. God exercises mercy freely (Exod.33:19; Rom. 15-18).
3. Mercy of God triumphs over judgment (Jam.2:13).
4. God forgives our sins (Ps.51:1-2; Dan. 9:9; 1 Tim. 1:13-16).
5. God saves us in Christ (Eph.2:4-5; Titus 3:4-5;1Pt. 1:3-4).
6. God is faithful to His covenant (Deut.4:31; Deut.
7. God receives us back to Himself (Jer. 3:12-13).
8. God heals us when we are sick (Phil.2:27).
9. God saves us from destruction (Gen. 19:16; Ps.116:1- 6).
10. God keeps us safe from the enemy (Ps.6:9-10; Ps.26:6-7).
How to receive the Spiritual gift of mercy
Receiving the spirit gift of mercy is the same as receiving other gift, cause all the gift of the holy Spirit are important in the gathering of the righteous without mercifulmercy there’s no salvation.
To receive the gift of mercy you have to:
1. Repent and live a holy life, without true repentance you can’t receive the Spiritual gift of mercy.
2. Ask for the of Spiritual gift of mercy, the Bible encourage everyone to ask for what ever they want, that he would answer.
3. Be merciful to others
4. Always Read the word of God, to be filled with the holy Spirit.
The spiritual gift of mercy enables us to exercise the prerogative of mercy. If the gift is not in an individual, he or she will be very ruthless in his or her relationships with others.
Our God is a merciful God and gives the Church this spiritual gift for us to be merciful as He is. We must ask God to give us this gift so that we can show mercy to the poor, needy
Prayer Points for mercy
1. Mercy of God, my life is available, enter, in the name of Jesus.
2. I shall not fail God in all my endeavours, in the name of Jesus.
3. Father Lord, show me Your mercy, in the name of Jesus.