Are you searching for ways to grow in holiness, which is very important to all Christians?
Following the ways to grow in holiness will make your ways right in the sight of God, and you’ll also become a genuine child of God.
In this post, I’ll discuss the ways to grow in holiness, and why it is a fundamental step to take as a Christian. So let’s dive in.
5 Ways to Grow in holiness
I’ll list and explain the ways to grow in holiness, which are:
1. Identify and acknowledged God’s Supremacy over everything.
2. Be joined to God as one.
3. separated from the common/ ordinary
4. Obedience To All God’s Commandments
5. Avoiding all that will make you unclean.
1. Identify and acknowledge God’s Supremacy over everything:
God created man with his power and every other thing. For a person to grow in the holiness he/she has to Identify and Acknowledge God’s Supremacy over everything.
Our lord is holy and he except full holiness from his so-called children.
when you identify and acknowledge God’s supremacy over everything:
- You’ll put God first in everything.
- You’ll always want to hear from God.
- You’ll be willing to do whatever it takes to please God.
- Your heart and mind will always want to please God.
- The fear of God will be upon you.
With all these, it would be hard for a person to fall into sin. once your mind is on God, and you have recognized God as the supreme Father, you’ll not be thinking like an ordinary person anymore.
The fear of God in your life will make your conscience work in line with the will of Christ.
You have to accept God as the Supreme God, without accepting God you can never grow in holiness.
How to Identify and Acknowledge God’s Supremacy over everything
1. You need to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and savior.
2. You need to Serve Your Lord your God, which is serving only your heavenly Father, our Lord is a jealous God.
3. You have to have the fear of God in your life.
This are the ways to identify and acknowledge God’s supremacy over everything
2. Be joined to God as one:
Being joined to God as one is a very crucial step if you want to grow in holiness. Being joined means having a close relationship with God.
Once you have a close relationship with God, Your ways of thinking, and doing things will change for the better.
For a person to be joined to God he/she has to know God and his words.
The word of God is very powerful which is why it’s needed in our lives, the word of God has answers to all your questions about God.
What is the word of God
The word of God:
1. It is God’s promise for his people.
2. It is the commandments of God.
3. The word of God is the rules and guidelines a person must obey before he can grow in holiness.
4. The word of God is the only way to know the truth about God.
5. The word of God is what a person can use to identify who they truly are.
6. The word of God is the promise of God for his people.
7. The word of God Is the best way to understand God.
Once a person becomes joined to God he will understand both God and his works.
How to be joined to God as one
To be joined to God as one, you have to follow these steps below:
1. Read the word of God daily
2. Meditate on the word of God
3. Put into Practice the word and commandment of God.
4. Do what pleases God and not what pleases man.
5. Run from any form of iniquity.
Once you follow this step you’ll be joined to God as one.
3. separated from the common/ ordinary:
The common or ordinary are the people and the things of the world.
Common and ordinary means the unclean.
God is holy and will only commune with holy things and flesh, you have to run away from any worldly attitudes that may hinder you from growing in holiness.
A person needs to run from all his/her old worldly friends and ways to be able to grow in holiness. If you don’t let your old ways Go, it can pull you back into sin.
If you had bad friends with which you did bad things together before you decided to grow in holiness, if they’re not ready to follow you to God.
my advice for you is to let go of all your bad friends and attitude, which can cause you to fall back into your old ways. this step is very important for anyone that has made up his/her mind to grow in holiness.
How to separate from the common/ ordinary
1. Avoid any unclean friends or people that can pollute your life.
2. Change all kinds of bad attitudes which are of the world, that can make growing in holiness hard for you.
3. Make sure you stop all forms of addictions that might hinder you from growing in holiness.
4. Avoid anything unclean to enable you to successfully separate yourself from the common or ordinary.
These are the ways to separate yourself from the common/ ordinary, so you can peacefully grow in holiness without any form of distraction or difficult temptation.
4. Obedience To All God’s instructions for man:
God gave the man some commandments that they were to follow to attain full holiness.
You can find all the commandments in your Bible, As a Christian obeying all the laid down rules of God is vital for a person to attain full holiness.
Obeying God means to do his well, no man or woman can grow in holiness without this Obedience.
You need to fully carry out all that God has commanded you to do and not to do, for It’s important to carry out God’s assignment.
How to be obedience to God’s instruction:
1. By being loyal to his assignment for your life.
2. By accepting God’s promise for your life.
3. By abstaining from all kinds of sins…
4. By Fulfilling all the laid down rules and laws of God.
5. By doing what God loves not what satisfies the flesh.
6. By keeping the Sabbath day holy.
The obedience to the commandment of God will make it easy for you to grow in holiness.
Anyone who is not obeying God’s commandment is the enemy of God, the only way you can be for God is by doing God’s will and commandment for your life.
5. Avoiding all that will make you unclean:/
The way you speak, the food you eat, and the way you dress, can also make you unclean.
Avoiding all that will make you unclean is one of the factors to grow in holiness.
God will only work with people who are for him not with people who are against him.
When you engage yourself in Anything unclean you are now acting against God.
The way you think can also make you unclean, thinking in line with God’s Words for your life will help you grow in holiness.
How to Avoid all that will make you unclean.
1. Mind the words you say or use with people, this can also make you unclean.
2. Always Think of the things of God to grow in holiness faster.
The bottom line of growing in holiness
As a true believer that is willing to make heaven after their time in this world, it is good if you surrender yourself to God and grow in holiness.
Growing in holiness will make you different from other people, as people say “holiness is next to godliness”.
It’s only holiness that can assure a person of heaven in their last days, in our world today people that decide to grow In holiness are those who can easily carry out the functions and commandments, of Christ.